Sunday 3 February 2013

Stenciling

Chris's card

Sheila and I sat musing what this week's challenge could be. Now, bear in mind we are both avid crafters and totally spoilt for choice both for tools and materials, we decided that we would use something we used to use alot but haven't touched for years........ stencils! So this is what I came up with, really, really simple.

 

As Valentine's Day is approaching (and I found a lovely square stencil in my box that lent itself to making a square card) I decided upon this lovely heart stencil. All I did to finish the card off was to add a small rose and wind the stem around a pencil to add a little form and make it easier to use.


Sheila's card

My card using stenciling is an 8x8 base card. I used a mask placed onto card and used a distress ink to colour through the mask. I matt this onto a contrast card and placed it onto my base card. I then did some paperweaving and used a die to cut the shape, I drew around the same die to get a faux shape and matt the two shapes together. I stamped a verse onto white card and used a die to cut the shape, inking the edges before removing the die. I finished off with ribbon, card candi and a sentiment placed on a small tag shape.


Kathy's card

I am the third of the four craftateers and wanted to join in with this challenge, so here you have my card. The base card is  A5 white, and l used Crafters Companion Ice White pearlescent card and used one of my brass stencils, a swirl corner, run it through my Calibur and cut small sections out with craft knife, then matted it onto red card. The topper is a stamped image from Swalk range, named "I Do", l used my Spectrum Noirs to colour, inked the edges with Barn Door distressed ink, and layered that onto same red card. Finished off with a sentiment also matted onto same red, then just added 2 red gems.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The craftateers love to read your comments, thank you in advance for any you may leave.