Tuesday 23 April 2013

Scene

This week is Kathy's turn to choose a theme and she chose 'scene'

Kathy's card


A Landscape A5 Gold pearlescent card, and chose Beige and Brown for the matts, having first stamped a twig design with Versamark ink, for watermark effect, and a matt of gold in between them. The stamped  image is one of Sheena's, "A little bit sketchy", stamped onto watercolour card, and then l used Aquamarkers to colour, then using one of my dies cut it out and inked the edges with Vintage Photo distressed ink. The faux ribbon is off-cuts from the matts, added skeleton leaves (from my stash), then finished off with the flower, made from Die'sire quilling dies also inked the edges to finish off.

Sheila's card


My card is an 8 x 8 easle card, I placed the sky paper on the folded part of the card and placed the beach paper on the inside. I then stamped out my images from the Faye Whittaker range from Joanna Sheen and coloured with spectrum noir pens. I then cut out all my images and placed them onto my card using foam pads I then added twine for the kite. Very simple but I enjoyed making it, hope it brightens your day.

Kandis card


'Hi folks.  This week is scenes and to be honest they are difficult for me as I am not good at them however, I have done this card which I hope you will like. 
 
I started with a C5 white card and matted some black card on.  I then took another piece of white card and embossed it using an m-bossilities folder which I then distressed a little around the edges with Antique Linen distress ink.
 
My scene is using some stamps from a project set by Dimension Stamps and I coloured them in using spectrum noir pens.  The smart lady is from Clarity Stamps and she was also coloured in with spectrum noirs but I had stamped her with versafine and then embossed her with clear embossing powder to get that glossy look. 
 
I matted my scene onto some red card and then matted that onto my embossed card.

 
Chris's card

The challenge of a scenic card sent me delving into stamps I've had a long, long time. I chose an 8" x 8" card as my base and decided on a gold base.



I've used one of the recent 'Tattered lace' dies to create a feature frame and left it in white so as not to detract from the watercolours.


I used watercolour crayons to watercolour with as it gives it a very light touch.





This card would be great for a guy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The craftateers love to read your comments, thank you in advance for any you may leave.