Sunday 2 June 2013

Glitter

Kandis chose the use of glitter for this weeks theme.

Kandis' card


This card was my very first attempt at stencilling using the pearlescent paste from Sweet Poppy Stencils. 
I began with a C5 white pearlescent card, followed by a piece of lilac card which I have pricked in 'sue wilson' style.  I then embossed a piece of white pearlescent card using an m-bossibilites A4 embossing folder.  I stencilled an agapanthas stencil using the pearlescent paste and once I had removed the stencil I covered it with lilac glitter.  I left that to dry for 24hours and then die cut it using a spellbinders 5x7 Enchanted labels 28.
Hope you like it.  Thanks for stopping by and checking out our blog.  Your comments are always so welcome.  Take care

Chris' card


As the topic this week was 'Glitter' I decided to use glitterboard for the background and the red background card has shimmering mica in it (shame it's too fine for the camera to pick up, lol).


I distressed the flowers and added a birder of Treasure Gold as that shimmers.

Kathy's card


The main card is white, landscape style, and l started with a plain blue matt. I then die cut a border out of double sided sticky paper and added it on the right edge, added some pink and blue fine glitter. The first matt for the main image l ran a mask through my Calibur and inked with Tumbled Glass distressed ink, trimmed it out then applied pink glitter. For the blue matt l used my Lace' die, then stamped the text inside. The main image is a Saturated Canary digi-stamp, and was coloured with my Spectrum Noirs, this was also embellished with some glitter on her dress and in her hair.

Sheila's card


My card is an 8x8 easle card, I simply folded the front part of the card to create my easle. After printing and cutting my book pages and backing paper from a cd (sorry can't remember which) onto thin card I was ready to put my card together. I first put a thin line of irredescent glitter around all my pages and then curled them slightly and layered them up with silicon. I added ribbon to the centre of the pages before placing it onto my base card. I then took a piece of white card slightly smaller than 8x8 and covered it with my backing paper, this is my then put onto the base. I used a smaller page for my easle stopper and added glittered flowers to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The craftateers love to read your comments, thank you in advance for any you may leave.