Sunday 14 July 2013

Triptic

Kathy's choice this week and she chose triptic.

Kathy's card


This time l started with a black A5 landscape card, and the first matt with white, then a very narrow black matt. The grasses were stamped onto white card, sorry but can't recollect whose they are, l used a black ink pad and embossed with Cosmic shimmer Lava Black Aurora embossing powder, before attaching to the card l trimmed into three pieces and layered them  to show a very narrow black border. This was an easy but very effective card suitable for either male or female.

Sheila's card


My card is more than likely not a typical trptic image, but I do think that these images were meant to be together. I stamped and cut out my images and placed them onto circular pieces of backing paper which were matt onto gold mirror card. I made three border pieces from teh same decorative paper and matt those onto gold mirror card. I used the decorative paper on my base card, then placed everything together.

kandis' card


This card was a very simple card really.  I used the 'Silly Moo' stamp from Sheena Douglas, stamped it using versfine black in and clear embossed it. 
I then cut that into 3, matted it onto some grey pearlescent card.  I then die cut a piece of white card and another piece of grey pearlescent card using
my spellbinders 5x7 matting basics dies.
My base card is a C5 centura  pearl followed by another piece of centura pearl which I have embossed using the tumbling leaves A4 embossing folder from
embossilicious.  Distress around the edges using mowed lawn distress inks.
I have added a touch of colour on the image by colouring in the crown and the grass.
Hey presto, my triptic card.  Hope you like it.  Take care.

Chris's card


I have seen pictures split into three and I've seen three pictures joined together so I decided to see what the literal definition is:

Noun
  1. A picture or relief carving on three panels, typically hinged together vertically and used as an altarpiece.
  2. A set of three associated artistic, literary, or musical works intended to be appreciated together.
 
Mine most definitely falls into the second category. I have a series of vintage figure stamps (Personal Impressions) that I've had for years and barely used s I chose three of them and decided to make a triptych book


Most of the decorations have been made using dies. The project is a mixture of old and new which you will see so often in my work.






No comments:

Post a Comment

The craftateers love to read your comments, thank you in advance for any you may leave.