Saturday, 6 July 2013
Under the sea
Chris's choice this week is 'under the sea'
I started with an A5 Landscape white card, and the first matt is in a dark blue, the next layer is a lighter blue and was embossed with my dotty embossing folder, using my Calibur. I then stamped the images----Dimension Stamp set-----coloured using my Promarkers, cut them out and arranged to give the underwater effect, and added some fine sand to imitate the seabed.
My card for this project starts off as a 6x6 card. The first layer is trimmed a little smaller, to create the background I sprayed cheap shaving foam into a shallow dish. I then dotted alchol inks into the foam and swirled it around using the tip of a small paintbrush, I placed my first layer piec of card into the foam and pressed lightly. Once it was covered in the foam I then used a bone folder to scrape off the excess and the end results is just amazing. I then stamped my seaweed image onto this layer and placed it onto my card. I stamped and coloured my shells, fish and parcels. After cutting them out placed them onto my card. I stamped a sentiment to finish.
Hi folks, this weeks choice was not easy for me. When Sheila first told me I think my reply was 'WHAT, who the dickens chose that?' Then I was muttering about poor Chris to myself. Then I had to do some serious thinking, finally I had decided to design something in Serif until Kathy reminded me that we had received some stamps from Dimension Stamps Project Club last year that included fishes etc. So, I stopped muttering about poor Chris, bless her, and decided Kathy was a genius and 'fished' my stamps out - do you get it - fish, fished......!!!!!
I began with a C5 centura pearl card followed by a piece of co'ordinations whitewash card which I ran through my embossilicious embossing folder and sanded down. I then die cut a piece of white card using wonkie squares spellbinders, 'fished' my bark embossing folder out, inked up one side with distress inks stormy sky, placed my die cut, still in the die, onto the bark with cut side up. I then ran it through my GC to get the inky sea effect inside the die. That was followed by cutting a faux die using pale blue card.
I stamped 4 fish,2 seahorses and 4 starfish, cut them out, coloured them in using spectrum noirs and placed them on my card. The fishes and seahorse have been decoupaged - one layer. All finished off with my starfish and sentiment.
Wasn't so bad after all and thanks to Chris and Kathy I have used a stamp set which I hadn't used before and forgotten about.
Hope you like it. Take care
Posted by Crazy Crafter at 11:33